JET SKI FEVER
K38 was founded by Shawn Alladio,she began operating a Kawasaki Jet Ski stand up JS440 in the late 1970's with the First Generation Jet Skiers in Southern California, whom all had the ‘Jet Ski Fever’.
She is a professional Personal Water Craft Racer and the world's foremost authority regarding Personal Water Craft (PWC) and Rescue Water Craft (RWC) education and safety.
Training courses were first provided in 1989 under a different name that evolved with the outreach. The Los Angeles Port Police and Los Angeles County Fire Department facilitated the first K38 training programs in Southern California.
K38 is the powerhouse for qualification programs from Personal Water Craft racing, Course Marshals, Swifwater Rescue, Night Qualification and Military use and has been instrumental in the creation of international and national qualification programs and customized design work. K38 was the first to qualify water safety staff for Big Wave Safety events beginning in 1998.
Shawn is a co-founder of RIZNWILD CLOTHING an action sports clothing company with Ryan Smith, and Kyla Dominguez based in Southern California.
She is the award recipient of numerous boating safety awards and is inducted into 2 Hall of Fames. She is the founder of the Rescue Water Craft Association an international governing body for this unique maritime community.
She is a mother of 2 wonderful daughters, favoring mentorship programs with young children and adolescents.
Shawn enjoys working with her K38 colleagues from Asia, Europe, Latin America and Oceania, with an outstanding instructor cadre.
She most enjoys high quality chocolate and people who are driven to succeed through failure and whom are willing to train with purpose.
Shawn is most impressed by the caliber of her clients and their dedication to generating good in the world through competency and positive boating behavior.
Shawn cares most about her community and the culture surrounding the Rescue Water Craft operators. K38 is dedicated towards protecting reputations through competency behavior, program development and distributing modern boating information.
K38 qualified Coxswains enjoys a 30 year legacy in 2019. We started with the industry, built it and have fantastic relationships with the manufacturer's who are the true heroes of our culture: Kawasaki, Yamaha and BRP!
There will never be another person like Shawn whom has accumulated and shared this incredible volume of work worldwide, conducted hundreds of rescues in all waterway domains: floods, disasters zones, surf, offshore, events, big waves and swift moving rivers!
K38 instructors know the boats and we are comfortable in the water we work in, we expect the same from our Coxswains and Crew.
We've done it all, training the world’s elite Rescue Water Craft Operators, Military Personnel, Course Marshals, Recreational riders and Professional competitors, we are steadfastly modernizing boating safety outreach and reputation.
Join us and become a partner in competent operations!
To train beginner to elite Coxswains and Crew
To Protect Reputation, Events, Programs and the Public
To Innovate, Design and Review Products and Programs
A Moment for Safety Will Save a Lifetime of Regret.
To Save Lives; Yours and Theirs.
Because We Care
Solutions save lives & protect reputation
To give student candidates the best training available
To inspire responsibility through behavior and action
To train like your life depends upon it
Leadership through professional service
• 1997 National Safe Boating Council ‘Partnership Award’
• 1998 United States Marine Corps ‘Raiders Appreciation Award’
• 1998 recipient of the National Water Safety Congress (NWSC) Regional Award from the WSC and the National Safe Boating Council
• 1999 Certificate of Appreciation from the Department of Boating and Waterways, California
• 2005 National Award recipient from the National Water Safety Congress at the International Boating and Water Safety Summit
• 2006 International Jet Sports Association Inaugural Induction into the Hall of Fame
• 2006 Recipient of the International Higgins and Langley Award ‘Special Commendation Medal’ for relief work in the
aftermath of the 2005 Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Louisiana
• 2009 ‘PWC Community Award for Valor’ PWC Offshore Race Team
• 2009 ‘Warrior Award’ PWC Offshore Race Team
• 2009 ‘Certificate of Heroism’ Award from the City of Mission Viejo, California
• 2009 Orange County Fire Authority (OFCA) Chief’s Award for Heroism
• 2009 Exchange Club ‘Best and Bravest Certificate of Heroism
• 2009 National Water Safety Congress Regional Award
• 2009 American Watercraft Association & Parade of Nations ‘Safety Award’
• 2010 United Warrior Survivor Foundation award
• 2010 Muscat Asian Beach Games Recognition Award, Sultanate of Oman
• 2011 National Safe Boating Council induction into the Boating Safety Hall of Fame
• 2012 Alpha Company 4-160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) Mission Training
• 2012, Norwegian Jaeger Kommandos-Project Stingray military development package
• 2013 Never Quit Challenge September 11 The Union Club New York City, NY
• 2013 Never Quit Challenge – Paddle-Mike R. SWCC - USNavy
• 2014 Naval Special Warfare 1st Phase BUDs Instructors Appreciation Award - Paddle
• 2014 USMC Radio Reconnaissance 1st Expeditionary Unit Camp Pendleton, CA Appreciation Award
• 2015 USMC (AVJB) Amphibious Vehicle Test Branch Appreciation Award
• 2016 USMC MARSOC MRV Paddle for Project Jackal, military development package
• 2016 Western States Boating Administrators Association – Hollister Award Recipient
• 2017 California Association of Harbor Masters and Port Captains-Distinguished Service Award